At Julien Farel we are strong believers that if you do what you love with drive and determination, ultimately you will succeed. Partnering with the Australian female networking group, Business Chicks, was a natural fit during Women’s month since Business Chicks is about empowering entrepreneurial women to execute their visions and meeting like-minded people along the way to share ideas, stories, and spark inspiration.
As brand partners, Julien Farel haircare products and hairstyling services were provided for attendees of the Arianna Huffington luncheon at the legendary Waldorf Astoria. Julien Farel’s Junior Stylist Aizhan Sembayeva did braids, updos, and curls on attendees and invited them to experience the Julien Farel Restore Salon & Spa at the Loews Regency Hotel.
As chair, president, and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post Media Group, Huffington is an international media mogul. Being part of such event was not only an honor but also inspiring. The focus Huffington’s presentation was her new book “The Sleep Revolution” which came out April 5th. Julien Farel will continue partnering with Business Chicks and will sponsor another event with them in July but we recapped below some of our favorite insights from Arianna’s talk.
1. Studies show that sleep is nonnegotiable and it is essential to our health and productivity. “I reached the conclusion that I don’t like when I’m sleep deprived. I’m more emotional, I’m more reactive, and I don’t enjoy my life as much.”
2. A good day begins the night before. “The first and most important thing is learning not to charge devices next to our bed. If we wake up in the middle of the night we’re going to be tempted to go to our smartphones and check emails and that invades our night time which is the time for recharging.”
3. There’s a study that shows that at night the lymphatic system is activated and works at its best. “There are many sleep transition recommendations in my book. My transition is, 30 minutes before I go to sleep I turn off all my devices and gently escort them out of my bedroom. I take a hot bath with some salt and have a flickering light nearby. That sort of cleans the day, it washes the day away with all its obstacles and challenges and then you’re ready for the next day.”
4. We all have different fears and anxieties because we’re human. “When we’re sleep deprived they’re aggravated. Whatever your anxiety is, it’s going to be activated if you’re sleep deprived.”
5. Life is actually a dance between making it happen and letting it happen. “Everybody here is a woman who has demonstrated that they can make things happen. So it’s important to remember the dance. Some of the best things in life that happened to us, we didn’t make them happen. They just happened.”
At the end of her talk she ended with her favorite quote by Rumi: “Live life as though everything is rigged in your favor.”