With the “no makeup” look trending, eyelash extensions are becoming more and more popular for the low maintenance natural beauty. I took them for a test drive and found that they were a huge time saver when getting ready, since you don’t need mascara or eyelash curlers. They made my eyes pop, so I didn’t need as much makeup (if any) while wearing them. As a woman with naturally short, asian eyelashes that have no curl to them, I felt more confident and beautiful during my time with the extensions on. I would recommend them for a vacation or if you are going to a wedding, but for me, any time is a good time to have longer lashes.
But what are they, actually? At Julien Farel Restore Salon & Spa, Aesthetician, Margo Falevich, performs the service by attaching single false mink eyelashes to each individual eyelash using an adhesive. They last 6-8 weeks and fall out naturally with the growth and loss of your real eyelashes. Here is how to keep your fabulous eyelash extensions look amazing even longer.
Right after the application of your eyelashes:
– Avoid getting your new lashes wet for the first 24 hours after application.
– Avoid extreme heat, swimming, steam rooms and hot saunas for 2 days following application.
How to maintain your eyelash extensions:
– Do not use oil-based products, eyelash curlers, perm or tint the lash extensions. These will break the bond and your eyelash extensions will fall out.
– Gently remove eye makeup with oil-free cleansers. Saturate cotton and gently apply to the eyelids. Allow makeup remover to work and do NOT rub your eyes.
– After you shower, gently pat your lashes dry with tissue and use an eyelash comb to groom any stray lashes, carefully and gently only when needed.
Removal of your eyelashes:
– DO NOT attempt to remove your lash extensions yourself. Let them fall off naturally or book an appointment to remove them with a special remover.
For more information or to book your eyelash extensions call 212-888-8988 or book online.