Summer workouts require two things: your body and a positive mindset! We asked our master trainer Christine De Almeida at JF Fitness for tips on how to get in shape for the upcoming summer months:
• Cleanse your body by drinking water with a whole fresh lemon in the morning before you drink or eat anything else. Lemons are a natural diuretic, so it helps your body to get rid of unwanted materials out of your body, stimulating your liver, promoting clearer skin, and many other benefits. It is refreshing and quick to make!
• Make sure you get lean protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats. More frequent meals in small portions will help increase your metabolism. Ideally, 3 meals with 2 snacks in between.
• While traveling you can easily use a SPRI resistance band that will allow you to keep up with current training. It is also a great tool to use for stretching!
• Total-body workouts require head-to-toe effort so you that you tone every inch of your body. Try to combine different moves in one exercise such as the lateral lunge on a bosu ball to dumbbell lateral raise or dumbbell squat to overhead press. You will simultaneously involve multiple muscles.
• If you are a runner, during your running routine include a short bodyweight circuit with every mile. For instance, 3 sets of 20 body squats to dynamic chest, 20 jumping lunges, and a one-minute plank. Finish your last 100 meters with a nice sprint. Watch your form and run safely!
If you’re staying at the Loews Regency New York, they’re offering a chance for hotel guests to enjoy a complimentary session with Christine on Wednesdays in May and June. Park Avenue Perks are open to all our hotel guests. For details: http://loews.io/JVWeEL