As summer relentlessly cranks up the heat, making frizz and volume unavoidable, we turned to our celebrity hairstylist, Patrick Ferrara, for tips on how to achieve the perfect Top Knot in order to maintain a chic look in any temperature. Our celebrity inspiration, Karlie Kloss, rocked this look at this year’s CFDA awards, showing just how effortlessly glam this messy yet fierce this hairstyle can be.
The 7 Steps to the Infamous Top Knot:
2. Use Julien Farel ‘Smooth Creme‘ to start the beginning of the high bun.
3. Gather the hair at the crown as tight as possible.
4. Wrap around the hair to get it into a bun.
5. Secure with hair pins and bobby pins around the base.
6. Take pieces out to make it messy, you can also wipe the hair line to get hair to fall out. You can personalize this step by controlling how messy you make the bun.
7. Hair spray and rake through.