Ever wonder how Olivia’s hair always looks so perfect? Meet Andre Davis, Olivia’s trusted hairstylist, who taught her how to perfect the at home blow-out. Below Andre gives us the five steps to achieving, what he calls the “celebrity blow-out”.
1. Step one you must prep the hair, washing , and conditioning is key, I use Restore on the hair instead of shampoo, it is a revolutionary product that returns your hair to the ph balance when you were a kid, helps to mend, and restore, you can use it once or twice a week, you can use JF shampoo and conditioner on other days.
2. I comb freshly washed hair, depending on texture, I use mousse for fine hair, some people have a lot of fine hair, I use mousse, and massage in the roots of the top of the hair, then I comb through the whole head.
3. Blowdrying- 3200 ceramic blow dryer, I then start blow drying the hair, directing the air to the roots with my fingers drying the roots first, then getting the rest of the hair mostly dry, fluffing it with my fingers.
4. After getting most of the water out, taking a medium brush, ceramic brush (my favorite) thinking five parts, you don’t have to section, take a 3×3 section in the front, start from the root, blow dry down forward, leaving movement on the ends (curl), same with the left and right of your hair, same square sections on the top, then the back, everything blown forward.
5. Glam Slam! Then blow everything back off your face, find your part, smooth, and your ready for the red carpet.
Andre is a celebrity hairstylist at Julien Farel in New York City.
For appointments with Andre, book here.