GET THE LOOK: Sophisticated Braided Bun
Looking to switch up your hair for the holidays? Julien Farel's Director of Style, Kevin Lee, shows a simple and unique style that you can wear at a cocktail event, casual party or even at home with family. In only 5 steps, you will be holiday ready so you can hop from event to event with chic hair intact. Here is what you need: Flexible Gel, Flexible Styling Balm, Hair dryer, Curling Wand, Medium Round Bristle Brush, bobby pins and an elastic.
1. Apply a quarter size amount of Julien Farel Flexible Gel from root to end. Rough dry hair and smooth out the front with Medium Round Bristle Brush.
2. Add a drop of Julien Farel Flexible Styling Balm for a piecy texture that preps the hair for the curling wand. Curl big sections of the hair with wand.
3. Pull the hair from the ear back into a low side ponytail and secure with an elastic. Piece by piece, pin back the hair from the front of the face.
4. Braid the low ponytail, hold at the bottom, pull each piece out to create a looser look.
5. Wrap into a bun and secure with a bobby pin.
The finished look: