Abby Haliti's Hot Tips for Summer Bronde
Olivia Palermo visited the Julien Farel Restore Salon & Spa for a hair refresh with her long time hair team: Hair Designer, Andre Davis and Senior Colorist/Balayage Expert, Abby Haliti. For her latest look, she gets a trim with soft waves to compliment the brighter blonder color that lies perfectly in between blonde and brunette. This natural and effortlessly chic look is the latest shift in hair color, BRONDE. Going blonder (or bronder) for the summer? Remember these 6 summer hair color tips from Abby!
- Make sure there is a contrast between your hair color and your skin color. If your blonde hair blends too much with your skin tone, your tones may end up looking washed out.
- Before heading into the pool, wet your hair first! This way, your hair won’t absorb any of the chlorine or chemicals in the pool water.
- Take extra precaution with heat styling tools! Since blonde hair tends to be dryer, heat styling can take a toll on your hair. Use heat protective products like Julien Farel Styling Balms, which protect the hair and hold the desired style in place. Also, take breaks from your the blow dryer every now and then.
- Wear a hat if you’re going to be out in the sun for a long period of time. The UV Rays not only give you a sunburnt scalp, but also zap moisture from the hair.
- Instead of a regular towel, use a microfiber towel to dry your hair after the shower. Friction with a towel can cause unruly frizz! A t-shirt will work just as well!
- To make your blonde last even longer, use Julien Farel Vitamin Restore 2x a week in place of your shampoo and conditioner. It is an all in one cleanse, treat and condition formula that hydrates, nourishes and protects the hair.