When the Julien Farel team asked me to pick a hairstyle to recreate from NYFW, I immediately thought about the 70s-inspired hairstyle that I had seen at the Cynthia Rowley S/S ‘15 presentation. The hairstyle itself looks a bit complicated to create and time-consuming but with the help of senior hair stylist Keith Axberg at Julien Farel the look only took 10 minutes to replicate. The result was a hairstyle that was both gorgeous and versatile enough to wear on a night out on the town or to work. Every girl should take ten minutes out of her morning routine to try a new hairstyle such as this one.
Here is how to get it at home!
1. Create a deep side part with your naturally dried hair and comb through.
2. Curl hair with a curling iron from mid-shaft to ends leaving an inch tail out
3. Back comb hair on crown area and cover with hair for a teased look.
4. Pin both sides of the hair behind the ears.
5. Twist hair in bobby pins and tease hair under the twisted curls to give it a “lived in” look